What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Quality Engineering team?
At Calendly, we strive to think it, build it, ship it—delivering great features to our customers as fast as possible while ensuring the highest quality user experience. As a QA Manager, you will be responsible for guiding and supporting a team of quality engineers working within squads to deliver new functionality on the Calendly platform. You will report to the Senior QA Manager and will work closely with Engineering, Product, and Technical Project Managers in an Agile environment.
Our ideal candidates have hands-on experience with testing software, as well as experience with growing and managing high performing quality teams. Top candidates will have experience testing and leading consumer SaaS applications in an Agile environment using continuous integration, deployment, and delivery strategies.
When you join Calendly, you get the opportunity to deliver on a product used by millions, known for its best-in-class quality. Help us continue to deliver critical features to our users with excellence.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Providing leadership to a team of matrixed QA Analysts and Engineers
- Working closely with Engineering Managers to understand the Product architecture in support of identifying, designing, or enhancing existing test frameworks
- Operating as a key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources on assigned projects or squads
- Assessing and recommending improvements to the QA organization structure, roles and responsibilities
- Training, mentoring, coaching and managing direct reports both in their tactical day-to-day actions as well as their career path/growth
- Managing defect SLA’s through the prioritization of bug reports and communicate the prioritization to the development team
- Defining, documenting, and improving Continuous Testing processes and procedures that fit within and enhance our CI/CD pipeline and methodologies
- Developing and contributing quality engineering best practices and standards for a particular feature or across multiple squads
- Working with Technical Project Managers, Product Managers and Engineering Managers to position Quality Engineer’s early involvement in the product planning process
- Documenting, monitoring and presenting quality metrics such as test coverage, defect trends, critical path coverage and general testing status for assigned squads
- Ensuring that the squads adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the Quality Engineering strategy as defined
- Managing test strategies, processes and plans for assigned areas of work
- Managing team project allocations through coordination and facilitation of testing efforts, schedules, planning, and resources
- Managing up to 5 or more direct reports
- Cultivating a quality mindset throughout the organization
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing matrixed QA teams and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience enhancing the overall skill set of the team by contributing to processes, sharing best practices, and helping the team innovate to build great products
- Experience mentoring staff and end users on quality objectives and testing processes
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience testing and leading quality teams for SaaS web applications
- Ability to lead and track multiple projects in QA process at a single time
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills and commitment to develop further
- Natural curiosity and tendency to question the status quo
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Bonus If You Have Experience With:
- Experience implementing process-changing technologies
- Experience implementing WCAG for a SAAS platform
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools and frameworks
- Hands-on experience with at least one modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Node.js, or similar
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.