About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Operations & Decision Science team?
We are the infrastructure of our business that allows us to scale to new heights.
A Senior Decision Scientist plays a pivotal role in empowering the Calendly team with strategic insights into user funnel dynamics and critical business metrics, particularly within the product realm. Decision Science is embedded within the Operations team and is positioned to help Calendly become a customer obsessed organization with a data-informed strategy that is measured and validated throughout the development lifecycle. Decision Science empowers Calendly to understand and quantify our impact to customers through meaningful and actionable insights that drive strategy and innovation.
We accomplish this by steering release measurement and experimentation initiatives, aligning these efforts and the resulting insights with the broader context of Calendly's business. Furthermore, we enhance Calendly's financial model by incorporating detailed insights and trends that increase the precision and accuracy of our top-line business forecasts. If you’re seeking an opportunity to tackle big problems and strongly influence the Calendly business, then this is the job for you!
A day in the life of a Senior Decision Scientist at Calendly
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Partnering with cross-functional teammates to define analytics and experimentation roadmaps, define KPIs, review results and business impact, and opportunity size future product initiatives; align analytics and research activities to inform decision-making and action
- Effectively communicate findings, results, and recommendations to leadership, product teams, and the company, tailoring the message to fit the needs of the audience you’re presenting to
- Help identify themes in analytics needs produce scalable solutions to help us make more informed decisions
- Lead efforts to roll out new practices or programs across the product organization to help us strengthen our analytics practice; these may include things such as data governance, experimentation and release strategy, and KPI definition
- Work closely with Finance team to empower financial models with product and business insights and trends
- Ensure data and insights are timely, trustworthy, and actionable to drive decisions across Calendly
- Represent the voice of the business goals and growth levers among cross-functional partners and stakeholders by highlighting product performance, retention drivers, user behaviors, and synthesize findings across multiple channels of data and customer feedback
- Apply quantitative methods to uncover insights (including, but not limited to experimentation, statistical analysis, cohort analysis, retention analysis, growth models, cluster analysis, and segmentation)
- Synthesize large behavioral data sets and partner with Product Insights Researchers to create a complete picture of the Calendly customer, their behaviors, and needs
- Create and maintain key dashboards in our BI platform and specify data integrations, tables/views, and/or gaps necessary to conduct robust cross-channel and cross-platform analysis
What do we need from you?
- At least 8+ years of experience in a product analytics, growth, strategy, decision science, or insights role.
- Previous experience at a SaaS company strongly preferred
- A track record of helping cross-functional teams identify and prioritize analytics initiatives and experimentation opportunities that will deliver high-quality, data-driven insights in a timely manner using the appropriate methodologies
- Experience working with large scale data
- Advanced SQL Skills
- Deep knowledge of A/B testing statistics
- A proven ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Previous experience working with financial models and data strongly preferred
- An ability to translate complex topics and tools into easy to understand concepts to create scalable self serve analytics models and mentor more junior members of the team
- An ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a rapidly growing and changing organization
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a fantastic time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional journey.
Our Hiring Process:
Applicants for this role can expect to follow the hiring process listed below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential future manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities attached to your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, we will step through a live case study and SQL challenge where you can showcase your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential future team members.
- Finally, we reach out to those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable candidate experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, West Virginia, and Rhode Island, you will not be eligible for employment. Note that all individual roles will specify location eligibility.
All candidates can find our Candidate Privacy Statement here
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection
Compensation is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to location, experience, and job-related skills. In addition, Calendly offers a wide range of best in class total rewards . This includes comprehensive employee benefits like healthcare, dental, vision, parental leave, 401(k) match, paid time off, and much more. At Calendly we believe exceptional performance deserves exceptional rewards! During the hiring process, we are committed to sharing details about the compensation range for the position, enabling you to make an informed decision.
Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus/commission, equity, or benefits.