About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s People team?
At Calendly, we believe that our people are at the heart of everything we do. The People team plays a crucial part in delivering a best-in-class experience that aligns with our culture, values and mission.
Why do we need you?
A company’s total rewards philosophy says a lot about them. We expect that our philosophy not only demonstrates care for our people, but also drives the business to reach our growth agenda in pursuit of our incredible mission. The Head of Total Rewards will have a unique opportunity to lead the execution of Calendly’s Total Rewards programs, including compensation, equity, benefits and perk programs that directly support and benefit our people.
A day in the life of a Head of Total Rewards at Calendly
You will work closely with People leadership and senior business stakeholders to manage complex problems and implement solutions that align our business priorities and talent strategy. You’ll bring innovation and insights that evolve our practices in ways that will allow us to grow and scale, while staying true to our values and culture.
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Designing, implementing and communicating compensation and benefits programs to successfully attract, motivate and retain employees
- Partnering with business units to define job specifications, job requirements and descriptions in accordance with HR practices and compensation guidelines
- Managing career architecture and job leveling, annual merit process and salary structure, incentive strategy, stock administration
- Leading, implementing and ensuring proper administration of all health and welfare benefit and wellness programs and initiatives ensuring competitive, sustainable, cost-effective plans and programs
- Staying abreast of changes in compensation and benefits regulations and ensure that all programs and practices comply with federal, state, and local laws
- Managing Compensation & Benefits and the People Operations teams, including compliance, reporting and analytics.
- Develop, implement, and maintain HR policies and procedures related to time off, leave, and the employee handbook.
- Oversee and optimize the end-to-end employee lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding.
- Streamline processes and procedures to enhance the employee experience and ensure efficiency.
What do we need from you?
- 12+ years designing and managing a Total Rewards strategy, policy management, and HR compliance.
- Evaluation of current programs through research, surveys, benchmarking and analysis of benefits trends to ensure plans are competitive, current and cost effective
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, adept at influencing individuals at all levels and fostering collaboration across diverse job functions, with a proven ability to educate employees and management effectively on compensation matters
- Execution of strategic initiatives and tactics to build an engaged and high-performance culture
- Demonstrated expertise in HR laws and regulations, including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and ERISA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Finance or a related field
- Proficiency in Workday and Google Suite preferred
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, you will perform an interview exercise, where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii or Alaska, you will not be eligible for employment.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection
Compensation is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to location, experience, and job-related skills. In addition, Calendly offers a wide range of best in class total rewards . This includes comprehensive employee benefits like healthcare, dental, vision, parental leave, 401(k) match, paid time off, and much more. At Calendly we believe exceptional performance deserves exceptional rewards! During the hiring process, we are committed to sharing details about the compensation range for the position, enabling you to make an informed decision.
Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus/commission, equity, or benefits.