About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Engineering team?
We make things possible for our customers through impactful innovation.
As we build our SDET team from the ground up, we're seeking a seasoned Senior SDET who is passionate about shaping the future of software testing within our organization. With significant automation already in place, our aspiration is to consolidate, streamline, and amplify our efforts across the org. You'll be pivotal in this transformative journey.
At Calendly, we believe in delivering the best-in-class scheduling experience for our users. As a Senior SDET, you are not just an engineer who writes tests. You are a strategic thinker, a collaborator, and an innovator, deeply rooted in the larger picture of our systems. You will partner with product engineers to build a more testable, reliable, and user-centric product.
- Empathetic Mindset: Embrace diverse perspectives to create a supportive and effective environment.
- Product-Centric Vision: Your focus is on the product's success, not just the technology or role.
- Engineering Excellence: Possess a solid engineering background to provide valuable technical insights and perspectives.
- Active Testing: Prioritize dynamic testing activities over static testing artifacts.
- Holistic Perspective: Understand the interplay of different systems across the organization and collaborate for coordinated solutions.
A day in the life of an SDET at Calendly
As a Senior SDET, you're an engineer with a deep understanding of complex systems architectures in a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment. You thrive at problem-solving and are comfortable diving into our codebase to understand areas of risk and opportunities for improvement. You’ll collaborate closely with our product engineers to facilitate testing across all layers of our stack, ensuring our products meet high-quality standards and deliver an exceptional user experience.
Your day-to-day activities will encompass designing and implementing innovative testing strategies, optimizing delivery pipelines, and leading other efforts. Beyond that, you'll also play a pivotal role in shaping the culture and development of our SDET team, fostering a collaborative environment where excellence and innovation thrive.
On a typical day, you will:
- Design strategies for testing and automation
- Collaborate closely with one or more engineering squads to understand product architecture and specifics
- Lead efforts in isolating, reproducing, and reporting defects
- Drive conversations around best practices in CI/CD, ensuring a cohesive approach across the organization
- Take the helm in designing, implementing, and maintaining our testing infrastructure
- Actively contribute in Agile ceremonies, ensuring quality is at the forefront of all discussions
- Advocate for innovative solutions that can enhance our testing capabilities
What do we need from you?
- 10 years of experience in software testing and development
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages
- Experience working in an SOA environment
- Proven experience in CI/CD tools and methodologies
- Strong understanding of software testing strategies, tools, and best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a team-centric environment
- An insatiable curiosity about the intricacies of our product and systems
- Proactive in identifying challenges and taking the initiative to address them
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, you will perform an interview exercise, where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
This specific role is not eligible for employment in California or Hawaii. Note that all individual roles will specify location eligibility.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection
Compensation is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to location, experience, and job-related skills. In addition, Calendly offers a wide range of best in class total rewards . This includes comprehensive employee benefits like healthcare, dental, vision, parental leave, 401(k) match, paid time off, and much more. At Calendly we believe exceptional performance deserves exceptional rewards! During the hiring process, we are committed to sharing details about the compensation range for the position, enabling you to make an informed decision.
Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus/commission, equity, or benefits.