About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Engineering team?
We make things possible for our customers through impactful innovation.
Why do we need you? Well, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who will bring creative problem solving and a keen eye for detail. You will report to a Senior Manager of Engineering and be responsible for designing, building, maintaining, and operating our next-generation infrastructure platform. With a growing team and a mindset for scalability, SREs build their own tools, deploy open-source solutions, and consume cloud services as needed to extend the platform.
A day in the life of a Site Reliability Engineer at Calendly
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Calendly, you'll use your expertise of the infrastructure to empower application engineering teams. This includes enabling and evangelizing monitoring best practices, and advising on optimal infrastructure use. An ideal candidate demonstrates exceptional skills in communicating patterns and improvements that automate tasks, support stability, and improve performance.
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Building tools and applications to extends Calendly’s infrastructure platform
- Evaluating and deploy cloud native open source tools
- Exercising expertise in cloud infrastructure concepts and patterns
- Instituting resilient infrastructure through Infrastructure as code
- Maintaining and improving observability of our infrastructure platform, and offers patterns for application teams to consume for application observability
- Participating in an on-call rotation to support the infrastructure platform
- Fostering a collaborative environment of learning and knowledge dissemination
- Defining standard practices and tooling around new services, changes, incidents, postmortems, and capacity management, and work with application engineering teams to adopt those practices
What do we need from you?
- An eagerness to learn and the skills for sharing your knowledge with others
- A creative problem-solver, have a keen eye for detail and can think your way through complex issues
- Comfortable working directly with internal facing customers to understand needs/requirements and collaborate on solutions
Software development experience (Golang or strong python experience preferred); especially writing APIs to build, orchestrate and manage cloud infrastructure
- Experience designing, building, and running highly-available production infrastructure
- Strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure (especially GCP or AWS), distributed systems, and reliability practices
- Experience running Kubernetes in production environments (preferably at scale)
- A strong understanding of the Linux operating system
- Experience working with Relational Databases (especially Postgres)
- Understanding of software-development lifecycle, CI/CD pipelines, and application delivery
- Familiarity with software and infrastructure monitoring tools (especially Datadog)
- Understanding of security and the shared responsibility model
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s an extraordinary time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, you will perform an interview exercise, where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This specific role is not eligible for employment in Hawaii. Note that all individual roles will specify location eligibility.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection
Compensation is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to location, experience, and job-related skills. In addition, Calendly offers a wide range of best in class total rewards . This includes comprehensive employee benefits like healthcare, dental, vision, parental leave, 401(k) match, paid time off, and much more. At Calendly we believe exceptional performance deserves exceptional rewards! During the hiring process, we are committed to sharing details about the compensation range for the position, enabling you to make an informed decision.
Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus/commission, equity, or benefits.