About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Engineering team?
We make things possible for our customers through impactful innovation.
Why do we need you? Well, we are looking for a QA Engineer III who will bring experience testing consumer SaaS applications in an Agile environment. You will report to a QA Engineering Manager and will be responsible for testing new features and functionality within the Calendly platform.
A day in the life of a QA Engineer at Calendly
At Calendly, we strive to think it, build it, ship it—delivering great features to our customers as fast as possible while ensuring the highest quality user experience. As a QA Engineer, you will work closely with Development Engineers and Product Managers. This includes helping define user stories and refine acceptance criteria as well as testing new feature functionality.
Our ideal candidates are analytical with a keen eye for detail and obsession over quality. Top candidates will have experience using continuous integration, deployment, testing, and delivery strategies. This role will be responsible for logging and monitoring errors, and testing performance and load-time. You’ll have the opportunity to design testing strategies in a service-oriented architecture for large scale projects including unit tests, API tests, and functional/GUI tests.
On a typical day, you will:
- Analyze product requirements and architect test plans
- Contribute in team sprint planning meetings
- Write, validate and execute test cases
- Track defects and provide quality metrics
- Collaborate with SDETs and other engineers on test strategies
- Take ownership of and champion quality in areas of focus
- Promote to the entire organization how important it is to ship high-quality / low-defect code
What do we need from you?
- 4+ years of experience testing web applications
- 2+ years of web application testing experience on iOS and Android mobile devices
- Experience testing a SaaS product with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle
- Experience testing in a service-oriented architecture
- Understanding of web application architecture and troubleshooting
- Exposure to one or more automation testing tools (e.g. Selenium, WebDriver, JMeter, SoapUI, Watir, Cypress)
- Experience with Git or other source control systems
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Buildkite (or other similar tools)
- Experience validating API services using tools such as Postman
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience mentoring and guiding other Engineers in testing best practices
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a love for technical challenges, and a willingness to learn
- Impeccable time management skills and an ability to self-direct
- Phenomenal written and verbal communication skills
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, you will perform an interview exercise, where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
This specific role is not eligible for employment in California or Hawaii. Note that all individual roles will specify location eligibility.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection
Compensation is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to location, experience, and job-related skills. In addition, Calendly offers a wide range of best in class total rewards . This includes comprehensive employee benefits like healthcare, dental, vision, parental leave, 401(k) match, paid time off, and much more. At Calendly we believe exceptional performance deserves exceptional rewards! During the hiring process, we are committed to sharing details about the compensation range for the position, enabling you to make an informed decision.
Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus/commission, equity, or benefits.