About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Operations team?
We are the infrastructure of our business that allows us to scale to new heights.
Calendly is currently looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst who will join our team in providing timely, fact-based, decision support to executive team members across the company. You will report to the FP&A Manager and will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, financial analysis and reporting and providing ad hoc analysis for the organization. In addition, this role will be a key contributor to the production and interpretation of key SaaS metrics that depict the health of the business and help drive actionable insights.
A day in the life of an FP&A Analyst at Calendly
As an FP&A analyst at Calendly, you spend the day improving financial, operational, and strategic decision-making across the company. At Calendly, we believe good ideas can come from anywhere, and we will trust you to collaborate with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and the executive team. As such, top candidates are proactive, problem-solvers, and insightful.
You and your team members have the phenomenal opportunity, every day, to engage in financial planning and reporting, influencing and supporting decision-making in a constantly evolving environment!
On a typical day, you will:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports, including analyzing and interpreting financial data to provide insights into the company’s financial performance
- Participate in the annual budgeting process, including developing budget templates and assisting with data collection
- Build, maintain and improve complex financial models; summarizing and communicating financial performance to stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with business unit teams and data analytics partners in analyzing large data sets to evaluate business results, develop standardized reporting for key financial metrics, and communicate variances and important trends
- Additional ad-hoc assignment and projects supporting departments across the organization
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and manage interdependencies on other company processes to meet work deadlines
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, accounting, or related fields
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Advanced Excel experience; proficiency in G-Suite tools. Experience with NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, and/or Tableau is a plus.
- Strong attention to details, strong modeling and analytical skills and the ability to work with large amounts of data; experience with SQL, R, or other programming languages is preferred
- Ability to multitask optimally in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to take complex information and present to all levels within the organization
- A self starter who displays a high level of initiative - willing to go above and beyond tasks and projects, seeks out the “why” behind deliverables, and suggests process improvements
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to positively impact your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Next, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii or Alaska, you will not be eligible for employment.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection