About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Marketing team?
We show our prospective customers the value of our product and features in increasing their most valuable asset…time.
Why do we need you? Well, we are looking for a Senior Marketing Business Analyst who will bring dashboard/report building experience and audience analysis to address both technical and non-technical audience members. You will work with the Head of Marketing Operations & Analytics and will be responsible for building reports & dashboards in Salesforce, custom dashboards in BI tools, writing custom SQL queries, support the team with identifying gaps and opportunities, analyzing, and recommending solutions that enable us to grow our business.
A day in the life of a Senior Marketing Business Analyst at Calendly
You will use your extensive knowledge of marketing to help deliver value to our partners; this can be in the form of reports in Salesforce, custom reports in BI tools, or an in-depth analysis in Google Slides. You will use your wealth of experience in data and analytics, to tackle complex questions with data, and provide support to business owners on experimentation, data collection, and analysis. You will take over the ownership of building our weekly performance reporting and will work to eventually automate the reporting package.
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Building and maintaining the various marketing and business dashboards in our various BI Tools
- Supporting our customer acquisition strategy (online and offline) across channels including but not limited to: paid social, paid search, content marketing, organic referral, email, influencer-marketing, podcast ads, and video advertising
- Mining data and analytics to gain a better understanding of user funnel and engagement behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies
- Leading the ongoing reporting and maintenance of key Marketing business reports and dashboards.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis for senior management to provide data support for business decisions
What do we need from you?
- 3-5 years working experience within a role focused on analytics or data science; ideally with experience in database marketing and/or direct marketing
- Experience with quantitative analysis and/or statistics; experience with business intelligence query tools
- Ability to summarize detailed data into a useful recommendation for audiences of varying backgrounds
- Ability to toggle between the technical and business perspectives and experience interfacing across technical teams and non-technical partners
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and relational databases and data analysis/visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Mode); experience with statistical analysis techniques would be a bonus.
- Experience building custom reporting and dashboards in Salesforce.
- A steadfast curiosity for user behavior, insights and opportunities identified through data
- Strong presentation and data storytelling skills
- Bonus points if you have experience with demand generation & ad performance reporting and analysis.
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Next, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Then in parallel to meeting your potential teammates, you will perform an interview exercise, where you can highlight your skills.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii or Alaska, you will not be eligible for employment.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection