About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Customer Experience team?
We provide a high touch experience to each customer and enable them to maximize our product so that they can gain valuable time back into their day to day
Why do we need you? Well, we are looking for an Instructional Designer who will bring develop, design, and create impactful learning experiences and instructional materials that empowers our customers and internal teams. You will report to the Customer Experience Operations Education & Training Manager and will be responsible for partnering with our CX Leadership, Education & Training Team and various stakeholders to deliver content to our learners in the most meaningful way that aligns with our organizational goals. You'll need to become comfortable with a constantly evolving platform, occasional facilitations, and learning on-the-fly!
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Build engaging courses and learning experiences that delight customers by experimenting with innovative content development
- Leverage off-the-shelf content to craft, develop, customize, update, and deliver quality experiences including: virtual training, self-paced learning journey's, job aids, discussion guides, and videos
- Curate and build social learning experiences that support practical skill application
- Conduct needs assessments, analyze data, and evaluate the effectiveness of content strategy and the overall customer learning experience
What do we need from you?
- At least 5 years of experience in instructional design and development
- Proven track record of developing learning that drives performance improvement, preferably in a customer experience, customer service or customer success environment
- Strong knowledge of adult learning theory concepts and social learning approaches
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience with learning technologies, such as learning management systems, and authoring tools
- Have a growth mindset, a passion for helping others, and a roll-up-your-sleeves work style
- Must have experience with Lessonly or Articulate, Guru, and JIRA/Asana
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, you will perform an interview exercise, where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we get to connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This specific role is not eligible for employment in California, Hawaii, or Alaska. Note that all individual roles will specify location eligibility.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection