About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Marketing team?
We show our prospective customers the value of our product and features in increasing their most valuable asset…time.
Why do we need you? Well, we are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer who will bring strong Front-End & Web Engineering skills, clear communication prowess and an eagerness to collaborate & exchange knowledge. You will report to the Senior Manager of Website Marketing and will be responsible for the ongoing development of Calendly’s marketing website.
A day in the life of a Senior Frontend Engineer at Calendly
Our marketing website is how we educate, advocate, and promote a product used by millions worldwide and you will have the ability to impact all aspects of the customer journey and lead the development process from conceptualization, to delivery, maintenance, and operations.
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Building on and improving the Marketing website visited by millions of existing and potential Calendly users each month.
- Owning the development life cycle of our website - including backlog refinement, architecture, technology, coding standards, testing and code reviews.
- Actively engaging with the marketing team, design, and QA regarding implementation and testing strategy.
- Developing and implementing strategy and roadmap for our website to grow performance and optimize the code.
- Ensuring the flawless operation of the development team to handle significant requests from across the business, refining processes and frameworks for prioritization to maintain an excellent customer experience.
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years proven experience developing websites and web applications using React for developing JAMstack websites or complex applications. exclusively focusing using headless CMS’ such as Contentful and technologies such as Node, React, GraphQL.
- Experience with libraries such as ChakraUi, MUI, Styled components or similar.
- Demonstrable experience designing and documenting data structures, architecture, and process flows for websites, web-based applications, SDKs, and APIs.
- Experience researching, evaluating, and carrying out web standards for usability and accessibility and the mechanics of an impactful lifecycle marketing strategy.
- Proficient and proven experience using TypeScript in a professional setting.
- Experience with Gatsby, Next.js, Contentful and LAMBDA functions as well as testing and optimization platforms such as Optimizely are a plus.
- Solutions oriented, who is agile in any environment, and who enjoys finding ways to deliver on the “impossible” project idea.
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a good time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, we will send an interview exercise where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This specific role is not eligible for employment in Hawaii. Note that all individual roles will specify location eligibility.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection