What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Operations team?
Calendly is looking for a Revenue Manager to join our fast-growing team! This role will report to the Financial Controller and ensure our company has access to timely and accurate revenue information in compliance with GAAP.
Our ideal candidate will oversee the revenue accounting and collections processes, ensuring optimal business processes and internal controls are in place. They will partner closely with our sales, customer success, legal, revenue operations, and finance teams to ensure the integrity of revenue recognition and streamline the processes related to billing support and customer contract reviews.
The right person for the job will have experience developing complex journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analysis, and process improvements. They should have a hunger and passion for helping the business ask the right questions to ensure revenue recognition is accurate and accounting processes are deployed to support the company’s rapid growth. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team that will support Calendly’s direction and growth.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Partner successfully across the company to advise on accounting implications of non-standard financial terms and/or modifications to sales contracts/agreements/terms in a timely and thorough manner.
- Own month-end close processes and reporting for revenue recognition, accounts receivable and deferred revenue including journal entries, reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- Review significant customer contracts and document appropriate revenue recognition treatment in compliance with ASC 606.
- Serves as the primary point of contact regarding all billing escalation issues and exception requests.
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of customer invoices and related sales tax.
- Manage payment portals and PO processes for customers.
- Assist with financial statement disclosures and supporting schedules for revenue and related accounting areas.
- Establish best practices to ensure integrity over revenue and accounts receivable functions.
- Support the internal and external audits processes for revenue and related areas.
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Minimum of seven years of progressive accounting experience, with a recent focus on revenue and collections
- Prior experience directly supervising the work of other team members
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or finance
- Experience working in a hyper growth SaaS company
- Proficiency with Excel & Salesforce
- Demonstrated experience and urgency reviewing customer contracts prior to execution for accounting guidance
- Previous experience overseeing customer collections
- A track record for problem solving, flexibility, and urgency
- A positive, service-oriented attitude
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii or Alaska, you will not be eligible for employment.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection