About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Marketing team?
We show our prospective customers the value of our product and features in increasing their most valuable asset…time.
Why do we need you? Well, we are looking for a Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing who will bring extensive email marketing experience, previous success working on activation, retention and expansion, and high levels of product and data savviness. You will report to the Head of Growth Marketing and will be responsible for communications primarily across the user lifecycle including activation, retention, and expansion.
A day in the life of a Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing at Calendly
You will start out with a strategic review of our user lifecycle marketing program, and planning the next horizon of super-personalized, contextual, and effective user-centric communications. From there, your days will be a split between measuring and understanding performance, driving the strategy, and rolling up your sleeves to help build the user lifecycle email experience. You can expect to be working very closely with your marketing peers, and collaborating across many facets of the Calendly business.
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Developing and delivering upon a strategy and roadmap for our user lifecycle email cadences and campaigns, to increase the performance of these emails and better use data, personalization and context.
- Partnering with the rest of our Lifecycle Marketing team and the Demand Generation team to help drive improvements to our lead nurture strategy and support the improvement of our PQL and high value signup campaigns, with a view to growing conversion rates and improving the prospect experience
- Defining and helping to build an approach to reporting and dashboarding, so we understand the business impact and trends of our lifecycle communications
- Ensuring the seamless operation of the team to handle requests from the business, refining processes and frameworks for prioritization to maintain an excellent customer experience
- Playing an important role in our broader Growth Marketing and customer journey strategy, representing the critical lifecycle marketing channels and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-departmental teams and other partners across the business to lead strategy, future-thinking and ‘big-swing experiments’, while balancing the important day-to-day demands of the business
What do we need from you?
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in email marketing for a B2B tech company
- Proven experience in leading a lifecycle marketing strategy and team – ideally through transformation, growth or re-build
- A very high level of knowledge and hands-on experience with email marketing. You would have built your own campaigns and experiments, have used the common tools, and understand the mechanics of a successful lifecycle marketing strategy
- Worked with very large numbers of prospects and customers, and have experience with sophisticated segmentation and targeting
- Strong product skills, and the ability to understand and contribute to cross-functional discussion and planning around efforts to increase activation, reduce churn and improve conversion
- Data savvy. We expect data to inform a lot of your strategy and priorities, and you should be able to articulate requirements and leverage data and insights provided by our data teams
- An appreciation and/or a reasonable level of skill in design and copywriting, particularly when it comes to email
- Experience leading teams in a fast-paced environment, and able to lead team prioritization, performance and alignment with wider business objectives
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Next, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Then, or in parallel, you will prepare for, and participate in a collaborative workshop, where you can highlight your skills.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii or Alaska, you will not be eligible for employment.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection