What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product and GTM motion.
Why join Calendy's Marketing team?
We’re looking for an experienced Lifecycle Marketing leader to join the Calendly Marketing team to take responsibility for a key part of our email marketing efforts. Our ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role at a B2B tech company, and responsibility will include communications across both lead nurture and post-signup activation, retention, and expansion.
Reporting into our Head of Growth Marketing, the role will start with understanding our existing email surface area, establishing measurement and performance, and co-developing a roadmap of priorities and experimentation for our email programs, which will execute on with the team of lifecycle marketing and operations managers.
The successful candidate has prior success in developing and executing on an email strategy across the prospect and customer lifecycle, leveraging data in sophisticated ways for smart triggers and personalization, and experience leading a small team in a very fast-paced, metrics-oriented manner.
What are some of the high-impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Developing and executing on a strategy and roadmap for our user lifecycle email cadences and campaigns, with a view to increasing the performance of these emails and better leveraging data, personalization and context
- Partnering with our other Manager, Lifecycle Marketing and the Demand Generation team to help drive improvements to our lead nurture strategy and support the improvement of our PQL and high value signup campaigns, with a view to increasing conversion rates and the prospect experience
- Defining and helping to build an approach to reporting and dashboarding, so we understand the business impact and trends of our lifecycle communications
- Ensuring the seamless operation of the team to manage significant requests from across the business, refining processes and frameworks for prioritization to maintain an excellent customer experience
- Playing an important role in our broader Growth Marketing and customer journey strategy, representing the critical lifecycle marketing channels and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-departmental teams and other stakeholders across the business to manage strategy, future-thinking and ‘big-swing experiments’, while balancing the important day-to-day demands of the business
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in email marketing for a B2B tech company
- Demonstrated experience in leading a lifecycle marketing strategy and team – ideally through transformation, growth or re-build
- A very high level of knowledge and hands-on experience with email marketing. You would have built your own campaigns and experiments, have used the common tools, and understand the mechanics of a high performing lifecycle marketing strategy
- Worked with very large numbers of prospects and customers, and have experience with sophisticated segmentation and targeting
- Strong product acumen, and the ability to understand and contribute to cross-functional discussion and planning around efforts to increase activation, reduce churn and maximize conversion
- Data savvy. We expect data to inform a lot of your strategy and priorities, and you should be able to articulate requirements and leverage data and insights provided by our data teams
- An appreciation and/or a reasonable level of skill in design and copywriting, particularly when it comes to email
- Experience managing teams in a fast-paced environment, and able to manage team prioritization, performance and alignment with wider business objectives
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii or Alaska, you will not be eligible for employment.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection