What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
As a Data Reliability Engineer at Calendly, you will have the opportunity to help scale and maintain the reliability of the data infrastructure for a product used by millions worldwide. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the data fabric that holds Calendly together - from database design and optimization to automation of database provisioning and administration tasks. In this role, you can expect to work autonomously and troubleshoot independently, in addition to working with cross-functional teams with the priority of creating a great experience for our customers.
Calendly is built using a service-oriented architecture and an automated continuous delivery system in order to efficiently deliver product solutions. A successful individual will have expertise as a database administrator, but will take this a step further and create tooling to efficiently scale Calendly’s data-tier. You will learn to be comfortable working in multiple technologies such as Google Cloud Platform, PostgreSQL, PgBouncer, Redis, and more.
The ideal candidate has experience with automating relational database technologies in a SaaS company. Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated and eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills, and pitch in with whatever the team needs to ensure data reliability.
When you join Calendly, you get the opportunity to deliver on a product used by millions, known for its best-in-class quality. Help us continue to deliver critical features to our users with excellence.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Build tooling, and provide expertise, to support our fleet of PostgreSQL databases and Redis instances
- Ensure robust observability of the data ecosystem (using tools like Vividcortex and Datadog)
- Build automation to help development teams own and maintain their own service-backing databases
- Ensure system uptime and play a critical role in system recovery
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Deep experience administering production databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Experience building and maintaining tools (preferably in Python or Go) for internal development teams
- Keen eye for identifying and implementing database optimizations
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (especially GCP or AWS), distributed systems, and reliability practices
- Experience successfully leading the execution of strategic projects
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii or Alaska, you will not be eligible for employment.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection