What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Operations team?
The Payroll Manager will report to the Controller. An ideal candidate will be someone who will take charge of the entire payroll process, continually drive process improvement, and be an expert payroll resource for the entire company. This role partners with leaders across the organization to ensure we grow efficiently at scale in keeping with our stated policies and procedures.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Effectively lead and manage a team and the end-to-end payroll process
- Accurate, timely, and confidential processing of calculation and settlement of cash compensation
- Manage recording payroll transactions in the G/L, including accruals. This includes analyzing the G/L balances, explaining any large or unusual fluctuations and timely and accurate clearing of related reconciling items
- Oversee recommending and influencing the implementation of process and system improvements
- Coordinate and deliver high quality products to both internal and various external parties (People team, auditors, system implementations, etc.)
- Effective, accurate and timely filing of all employer payroll related compliance forms, withholding taxes and returns for all applicable jurisdictions. This includes collaborating with Legal and People Ops on the state registration process
- Effective cross-functional collaboration with the People, Legal, Accounting, and FP&A teams on general payroll matters
- Actively participate with the wider Controllership team in driving the People and systems roadmap, appropriately prioritizing initiatives and helping to ensure automated solutions are implemented timely and effectively
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility managing payroll, including 3+ years of management experience with proven results for building and leading highly effective teams
- Experience with Payrolls larger than 800 employees and both exempt and nonexempt employees, both multi-state and global payroll
- Experience with tax equalization and a strong understanding of payroll
- Power user level experience with multiple payroll, commissions and equity automation tools and ERP systems. Prior Workday experience preferred.
- Experience in interacting with external parties including auditors and other service providers
- Familiarity with SOX compliance requirements
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.