What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
As a Full Stack Engineer at Calendly, you will have the opportunity to help us build and cultivate a product used by millions worldwide. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. In this role, you can expect to work autonomously and troubleshoot independently, as well as pair program and work with cross-functional teams with the priority of creating a great experience for our customers.
Calendly is built using a service-oriented architecture and an automated continuous delivery system in order to efficiently deliver our product solutions. The successful individual will write well tested software and grow into a full stack specialist. You will learn to be comfortable working in multiple technologies such as Elasticsearch, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Ruby on Rails, React, PostgreSQL, Redis, and more.
Our ideal candidate has experience with one or more technologies in a SaaS company, but also with agile methodologies and web development. Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
When you join Calendly, you get the opportunity to deliver on a product used by millions, known for its best-in-class quality. Help us continue to deliver critical features to our users with excellence.
In this role, you'll be joining a newly formed team whose mission is to mitigate abuse of the Calendly platform, protect Calendly users and ensure reliability of some of our core functionality including SMS and email communications. This work is critical to the business and often requires some creative thinking and problem solving. This is a small, nimble team that operates with a lot of autonomy, and the work you do will have a lot of impact! We work as a remote first team.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Build amazing features for millions of Calendly users
- Lead other developers to complete projects that impact our business
- Solve interesting challenges for code reuse and component libraries
- Investigate new technologies that can impact current and future products
- Help others continuously improve their craft
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 2+ years of Software Development experience at a SaaS or technology company
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is nice to have, but not required if strong in some other languages (Python, Go, PHP, etc.) We love polyglots!
- Experience with test driven development and pair programming
- Strive to craft clean, reliable and highly maintainable code
- Experience working with a team using Agile methodologies and Scrum
- Experience with source control systems (prefer Github)
- Experience implementing monitoring and alerting on various types of systems (DataDog, NewRelic, SolarWinds, etc)
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.