What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Operations team?
Calendly is looking for a self-driven and collaborative Senior Accountant to join our team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Accounting. This individual will partner closely with Accounting Management to design and optimize process improvements for our month-end close process, and will be a key contributor to creating robust analytics and reconciliations. This role will have exposure to many different accounting areas and opportunities for growth within the team.
Our ideal candidate will hold an active CPA license, have prior audit experience from a Big Four accounting firm, and possess a strong understanding of financial reporting processes. They will operate with a sense of urgency and be eager to tackle challenges in a fast paced environment with a positive attitude. They will proactively partner across the company to ensure financial information is recorded accurately, to the correct GL account and period. They will work closely with the FP&A & Procurement teams to ensure accruals are complete and recorded to the correct department.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Perform accounting close processes; independently prepare reconciliations and journal entries and assist with preparations of financial statements, operating with a sense of urgency
- Review journal entries & reconciliations prepared by other members of the team, to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Reviews financial statements and GL account activity, researches account level variances, resolves discrepancies, and provides insightful explanations for fluctuations
- Collaborate with various teams including FP&A, Payroll, Procurement, and Accounts Payable to ensure proper recording of transactions
- Maintains detailed documentation for journal entries, account reconciliations, and flux analytics to facilitate efficient review and audit processes
- Actively participates in special projects such as audits, data analysis, account reconciliations, and process improvements
- Maintain best practices to ensure integrity over accounting operations
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive accounting experience, with prior experience at a Big Four firm, required
- Active CPA license, required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, required
- Proficiency with Excel required and NetSuite highly preferred
- Experience working for a SaaS company, highly preferred
- A track record for problem solving, flexibility, and urgency
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.