What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Operations team?
Calendly is looking for a self-driven and collaborative Revenue Analyst III to join our team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Accounting. This person will partner closely with Accounting Management to design and optimize process improvements for month-end close as it relates to revenue recognition, and will be a key contributor to creating robust revenue analytics and reconciliations.
Our ideal candidate will hold an active CPA license, have prior audit experience from a Big Four accounting firm, and possess a solid understanding of ASC 606. They will operate with a sense of urgency and be eager to tackle challenges in a fast paced environment with a positive attitude. They will proactively partner across the company to ensure revenue information is recorded accurately and documented sufficiently. They will become the subject matter expert on Calendly’s GAAP revenue and help lead system and process improvements that impact revenue reporting.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Be a key contributor to the month-end/quarter-end close processes related to revenue including preparing and reviewing complex journal entries, reconciling accounts, and preparing variance analysis reporting
- Ensure billing completeness and revenue recognition accuracy for all invoices, credit memos, and adjustments processed during the period
- Ensure all revenue is recorded correctly in compliance with GAAP/ASC 606, and in accordance with the terms of the underlying customer contract
- Collaborates proactively with Finance, Strategy, Sales Operations & Legal teams to structure customer deals and pricing models for optimal revenue recognition treatment for the Company
- Partners with Billing & Sales Operations to ensure accuracy and completeness of customer contract data
- Reviews complex commission plan payments and maintains related schedules for amortization in accordance with ASC 340
- Prepares monthly management reporting, such as bookings to revenue analysis and quarterly revenue analysis
- Assist with implementation and enhancement of revenue systems
- Coordinate the preparation of schedules and reports in support of internal management and external audit, ensuring that all revenue deliverables are met
- Support ad hoc projects, including systems implementation, and process improvements related to revenue processes
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 2+ years of experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm with enterprise software and/or SaaS industry/client experience
- OR a publicly traded, SaaS organization with a minimum of 2 years in a progressive revenue accounting specific role
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA license, required
- Familiarity with ASC 606 and SOX compliance requirements
- Proficiency with Excel required and NetSuite highly preferred
- Experience working for a SaaS company, highly preferred
- A track record for problem solving, flexibility, and urgency
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.