What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Operations team?
Calendly is looking for a Senior Data Governance Analyst to oversee all data governance initiatives across the company. This role will report to and work with the Global Privacy Counsel to build and maintain policies, processes, and workflows to ensure that leaders and teams have complete and accurate information regarding the company’s data collection, transfer, access, use, storage, and deletion so that Calendly can provide our customers with an amazing experience while ensuring we handle data ethically and compliantly. This is an exciting opportunity to partner with multiple departments across the company to shape the future of Calendly’s data governance framework.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Become Calendly’s subject matter expert with respect to the data we collect, data sources and their locations, where we store data, who has access to which data and why, how we use data, where data is transferred and shared, and how long data is retained
- Continuously create and maintain Calendly’s data inventory and data flow diagrams to ensure they accurately reflect evolving processing activities, data transfers, and subprocessors
- Recommend and implement data governance initiatives to meet data governance frameworks and best practices, and to mitigate risks, which are operational within Calendly's platform, business, and operations
- Track and stay up-to-date on changes to state, national, local and industry-specific data privacy and protection laws, principles, and best practices
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships and serve as a resource to other teams throughout the organization to assess their data handling and use with a focus on data quality, accuracy, and integrity, including suggesting strategies and tools to improve compliance with Calendly’s data governance objectives
- Partner with engineering and product teams in their development of new products and features to operationalize privacy by design, including review of data uses and suggesting controls to align with privacy and governance laws, standards, and best practices
- Contribute to data privacy program functions including data processing impact assessments, data subject requests, and completing privacy addendums and questionnaires from existing customers and prospects
- Work with customer-facing teams to respond to customer questions regarding Calendly’s data governance policies and practices
- Audit and document the effectiveness of data governance initiatives
- Work with the GRC team to evaluate vendors’ ability to meet Calendly’s data handling requirements
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- A Minimum of 8 years of experience in data governance or data management roles for technology companies, or a master’s degree in the fields below and a minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, data science, information management, MIS or related field
- Understanding of data flows, database concepts, and related technology
- demonstrated history of developing scalable policies and processes
- Knowledge of privacy laws, and privacy, governance, and security frameworks, standards and best practices
- Enjoy collaboration but are also self-driven
- Excellent attention to detail, and prioritization, organization, and communication skills
- Enjoy solving complex problems which involve varied and competing factors
- Happy operating in a fast-paced environment with changing demands
- Positive, empathetic, and love to learn and grow
- Privacy or security certifications (these are pluses)
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.