What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Operations team?
Calendly is looking for a Privacy Operations Specialist to assist with all privacy program projects across the company. This role will report to and work with the Global Privacy Counsel to build and maintain privacy projects and initiatives to meet our compliance objectives for privacy and data handling.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of our privacy program, execute on complex projects, and partner with multiple departments across the company to drive privacy compliance and education. Our ideal candidate will make a significant impact on the maturation of Calendly’s privacy program with the goal of providing our customers with an amazing experience while ensuring we handle data ethically and compliantly.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Assist with managing various projects related to Calendly’s global data privacy compliance program
- Track and stay up-to-date on changes to state, national, local and industry-specific data privacy laws, principles, and best practices
- Help identify and assess privacy compliance risks specific to Calendly, and recommend mitigation strategies which are operational within Calendly's platform, business, and operations
- Identify and drive improvements to and automation of privacy controls and processes to meet objectives
- Build and manage compliant, efficient, scalable processes around privacy program functions including data mapping, data subject requests, cookie compliance, and completing privacy addendums and questionnaires from existing customers and prospects
- Work with customer-facing teams to respond to customer questions regarding Calendly’s data privacy program
- Develop a deep understanding of Calendly’s product and data flows
- Work efficiently with existing software tools such as OneTrust and Jira, and evaluate new tools which would provide value
- Help with auditing and documenting the effectiveness of privacy program initiatives
- Effectively communicate and educate Calendly employees from all functions on our privacy compliance strategies, including helping develop practical internal training programs
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships and serve as a partner to teams across the company
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in data privacy compliance roles for technology companies, or a master’s degree and a minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Demonstrated history of project management, including creation of strategies and processes which meet objectives, defining workflows and milestones, tracking tasks, and managing execution on timelines
- Knowledge of privacy legal regimes such as GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, GLBA, and privacy laws applicable to marketing, as well as privacy frameworks, standards and best practices
- Enjoy collaboration but are also self-driven
- Excellent attention to detail, and prioritization, organization, and communication skills
- Enjoy solving complex problems which involve varied and competing factors
- Happy operating in a fast-paced environment with changing demands
- Positive, empathetic, and love to learn and grow
- CIPP/US, CIPP/E or CIPM privacy certifications, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, or familiarity with security standards and best practices (these are pluses)
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.