What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Operations team?
As Manager, Payroll on Calendly’s Operations team, this role will have a tremendous impact on the day to day payroll operations and be a key player helping to set us up for success during a period of rapid growth. They will own the full payroll process, ensuring information is processed accurately and timely, while maintaining consistent documentation for accounting and audit purposes.
Also, this role will evaluate our current processes and recommend improvements for automation. Our ideal candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate across departments and build strong relationships with our People and Finance teams. They will be the go-to resource for providing guidance on all things payroll related.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Manage and mentor a small team, fostering a collaborative and positive work environment
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all payroll activities including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates and benefits for bi-weekly and semi-monthly, multi-state and eventually multi-country payroll cycles
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.), reconciling W-2 information to the company’s accounting system
- Receive and document any necessary approvals prior to processing payroll, and maintain a documented review package for every payroll
- Reconcile all payrolls prior to transmission and validate reports, including preparation of variance comments for fluctuations in earnings and deductions
- Prepare reporting, reconciliations, and variance analysis for the accounting team, ensuring each payroll is recorded accurately and timely for month-end close reporting
- Lead configuration and testing of payroll system upgrades and implementation projects as needed
- Own ad-hoc reporting and analysis as it relates to payroll operations
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 5+ years of progressive payroll experience, including exempt and nonexempt, domestic and international payroll workflows, required
- Strong Excel skills required, such as the ability to create pivot tables and formulas such as v-lookups and sumifs to create ad-hoc reports
- Prior experience implementing or upgrading payroll systems, strongly preferred
- Prior experience with UKG, Workday, Fidelity 401k, or other comparable systems
- Prior experience with taxable stock exercises, a big plus!
- Impeccable attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.