What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with hundreds more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
Calendly is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This role will report to the Head of Architecture and ensure our company has access to timely, accurate, relevant, and proactively persuasive insights to efficiently grow the business.
Our ideal candidate will develop and maintain data architectures that align with business requirements. They will work closely with our product, sales, and marketing teams to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions while ensuring data accuracy and consistency. The right person for the job will have experience developing data pipelines that ensure reliability and improve performance. They should have a hunger and passion for helping the business ask the right questions to ensure that data deliverables are aligned to success. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team that will influence Calendly’s direction and growth.
What are some of the high-impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Creation of a high-volume data platform linking all aspects of Calendly’s business
- Ensure proper, secure, and scalable instrumentation of data models in partnership with Product Engineering
- Manage performance, integrity, and security of data transfer and storage
- Identify process improvement opportunities for data intake, validation, mining, and engineering as well as modeling, visualization, and communication deliverables
- Answer key business questions and effectively communicate results
- Partner with the sales, marketing, product, and CX organizations to discover insights that will uncover optimization opportunities
- Design and deliver intelligence to the business that is aligned with the objectives and key results we are aiming to achieve
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and relevance of data and deliverables
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in a position designing and maintaining data pipelines, data models and reporting systems
- Strong programming skills in imperative and declarative languages: Python, SQL
- Strong data modeling background and cloud data warehouse experience
- Experience with big data tools such as Google BigQuery
- Experience with batch and streaming pipelines, i.e. Apache Spark, Beam
- Experience with orchestration techniques and frameworks like Airflow, PubSub
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Mode, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics & other analytics tools
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.