What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide — with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
As a Manager at Calendly, you have the chance to mentor and grow some of the best and brightest engineers in the world. This role will work alongside our engineering and product management teams to make Calendly even simpler and more powerful for our user base. We are seeking a versatile technical leader who relishes the chance to work on impactful technology and can help accelerate and empower our development teams while helping us create the future of scheduling.
We’re looking for someone with previous experience in SaaS and with cloud technology. Top candidates bring clarity where there is ambiguity and can work autonomously to research and uncover solutions. If chosen for this role, you’ll be responsible for mentoring, coaching, and planning for the future of your team. At Calendly, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the quality and development of a product impacting millions.
Our ideal candidate has experience as a versatile technical leader who relishes the chance to work on impactful technology and can help accelerate and empower our development teams while helping us create the future of scheduling.
Additionally, we prefer experience with agile methodologies and web development. You will be a top candidate if you are a clear communicator who is highly self-motivated. You also need to be eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code. We work as a remote-first team.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Hiring engineers to build out both new and existing squads for the company, with oversight on all team members that get hired onto the squad
- Solving problems for our largest and most valuable customers
- Working on an initiative that is the growth engine for Calendly’s future success
- Enhance the software development lifecycle by applying industry best practices and processes
- Coach, mentor and onboard new engineering team members
- Ensure the career development, satisfaction, and productivity of the engineers on your team
- Identify future technical needs and create plans to meet them
- Provide input to help us continuously grow and scale
This opportunity is for you if you have:
- Experience leading/mentoring a team
- 5+ years of overall development experience (Ruby on Rails is preferred, however other languages such as Python, Go, and PHP are accepted)
- Deep proficiency with web application development and SaaS
- Experience planning and leading development efforts on large projects
- Previous experience leading and mentoring teams and driving them toward big goals with consistent execution
- You are a great communicator who can succinctly explain complex technical concepts
- Experience leading Agile/Scrum ceremonies
- Previous experience working within a cross functional team balancing product and engineering needs
- Experience with MVC frameworks for backend development
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Working with remote teams
- Test Automation
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.