What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Architecture team?
Calendly’s rapid growth and evolution has created amazing opportunities, but meeting those opportunities will require evolving beyond our existing processes and tools to create a truly world-class application. As a Data Architect at Calendly, you will take ownership of technical strategy for data modeling, design, governance and usage within our product, work with other architects to create a vision for our future, collaborate with teams of top-tier engineers to bring that vision to life and build solutions that meet Calendly’s rapidly evolving challenges.
The ideal candidate is a polymath with a sound understanding of data modeling in relational and non-relational paradigms, data lifecycles and governance and has experience as an ambassador between application and analytics-focused engineering teams. They have experience across a range of architectural approaches and can clearly articulate the advantages and tradeoffs of different approaches across a number of distinct axes. The candidate is a strategic thinker that knows when to adapt a solution to existing tools, and when to adapt the available tools to enable the solution. And perhaps most importantly of all, the candidate is a “people person” that derives as much satisfaction from helping others create something beautiful as they do from building something beautiful themselves.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Drive our technology to scale with the business
- Balance short-term and long-term technical gains
- Champion best practices and patterns
- Prototype new solutions and guide their adoption
- Serve as a liaison between different technical and non-technical disciplines
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 7+ years of software development experience, with 3+ years at a SaaS or technology company
- 3+ years analytics experience that involves large, disparate data sets
- 2+ years experience designing public cloud solutions
- Familiarity with analytics tracking and data warehousing concepts
- Familiarity with modern data management practices for enabling data science
- Data governance and classification, including PII and data devaluation
- A passion for software design and quality
- Strong expertise in software performance at scale
- Deep understanding of modern architectural patterns
- Strong experience with test driven development and continuous delivery
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Experience working with a fully remote organization
- Experience with service-oriented and distributed architectures
- Experience transitioning between different architectural approaches
- Familiarity with GCP and Python
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.