What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Product team?
Calendly is currently looking for a Senior Product Manager of Platform who will join our team to build on the success of the Calendly product - which is the best way to schedule the meetings that matter most to a professional or a business.
Calendly is growing fast across the globe and we’re on a mission to drive that growth forward and offer more value to our users. As the Senior Product Manager of Platform, you’ll directly influence the vision and strategy of the Platform Modernization initiative to enable Calendly's R&D teams to build better, faster, and smarter.
You will drive product development across the scope of micro services—this covers work to make squads more efficient, define APIs that enable experiences, develop shared functionality that can be used across product lines to scale value to customers effectively. You will be working in an environment where collegial sparring is key to the best ideas, and you will also be expected to use your creativity and drive to help bring new features and ideas to market faster.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Serve as the overall subject matter expert for the definition development, implementation, and optimization of the Calendly's core and shared services
- Work closely with product, design, engineering, architecture, customer experience and product leadership to ensure the defined growth, product outcomes, and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Prioritize and champion the strategy and tactics for shared experiences and services
- Drive recommendations for technical improvements aimed to stay current with the market opportunities and scale our products efficiently
- Drive alignment across all PMs and squads and on key initiatives and define requirements for services to deliver on the goals of the squads strategic priorities
- Work across various functions of the Calendly business to uncover and identify opportunities to amplify squad efforts
- Define and measure the relevant objectives and key results (OKRs) and key performance measures to support the Platform Modernization strategy and roadmap decisions
- Manage the ongoing development of the platform modernization program within an agile framework, ensuring that realistic, achievable milestones are set, communicated and tracked
- Identify, conceptualize and manage roadmap and provide prioritization for platform initiatives. Use agile best practices (e.g. build, groom and maintain a backlog of epic level user stories in support of the roadmap and key business value drivers, work with squads to make sure requests are clear, etc.)
- Accountable for technical product documentation to enable other product teams to adopt new services and sunset prior solutions
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 8+ years of experience in Technical Product Management. 3+ years of technical development/similar experience
- Prior experience transforming monolith solutions to incrementally building function through services and championing other teams to adopt them
- Strong skills and demonstrated experience in managing core platform features such as entity frameworks, APIs, Authorization and Authentication, and webhooks
- Deeply technical experience where you have worked with the senior engineers and architects to build solutions
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and development process for distributed systems
- Shipped sizable software products and are used to working through the entire product cycle under deadline pressure
- Keen product sense, experience with a deep empathy for customers; highly motivated to ‘remove the pain’ and power a frictionless experience for customers
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.