What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Customer Experience team?
Reporting to our Head of Customer Support, the Customer Support Manager will oversee a team of Product Specialists providing front-line support to Calendly customers. They will lead and manage a high-performing Support team, including: coaching and mentoring team members, ensuring quality response, and handling escalations. In addition, will lead by example, empowering their team to produce consistent, world-class support and experiences for Calendly customers.
Our team and customer base is growing here at Calendly, so it is an exciting time to join and help lead our team into the next chapter in our strategic growth! The Customer Support Manager will work with our Head of Customer Support to execute team strategy as we expand and improve our delivery of support across all channels: self-service, email, social, live chat and phone support. This role will actively play in building a world-class Support team and experience by investing in and developing internal talent; hiring external talent; building and improving operations; and leading through times of growth and change.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Train, continually coach and educate a team of Product Specialists to ensure the highest standards for our customer support experience are achieved and maintained
- Deliver operational excellence by ensuring your team achieves established KPIs for quality, productivity and availability.
- Conduct regular quality reviews and constantly practice active coaching on a daily basis
- Partner with Recruiting to hire new talent, and with CX Ops to onboard and train new team members
- Partner with Head of Customer Support on execution of Support team strategic growth. This will include building and developing teams as we implement new Support channels and expand into a follow-the-sun, 24/7 model
- Drive continuous improvement through creating and updating internal processes and implementing best practices
- Collaborate with CX Ops and other Support team management to plan/execute continuous education on product knowledge & team best practices and operations
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 5+ years of experience in Customer Support in a high-growth SaaS environment
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team of 7+ SaaS Customer Support team members in a 24/7, multi-channel Support environment (email, live chat, phone, self-service, social)
- Demonstrated success in leading, mentoring, and developing team members
- Experience interviewing and hiring
- Strong proficiency in Zendesk, Salesforce, and internal knowledge management tools
- Strong technical understanding and experience in SaaS products
- Motivated to coach, inspire, and lead through times of growth and change; able to share vision and invest in team members to build skills that will set them and Calendly up for long-term success
- Drive to develop and improve Support team processes and operations
- Flexibility to work up to 50% of weekends, and evening shifts until 8pm ET/5pm PT. ( Note: as a Manager you will be expected to work a full-time schedule 5 days/week, but will have some latitude to set your schedule to ensure you can provide coverage and support to all of your team members across shifts and time zones )
- Impeccable time management skills and an ability to self-direct
- Customer focus and a strong track record of going above and beyond for customers
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.