What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Operations team?
Calendly is looking for a Staff Accountant II to join our fast-growing team! This role will report to the Financial Controller and be a key contributor to streamlining our month-end close reporting processes.
Our ideal candidate will have experience preparing or reviewing sales tax returns, experience reconciling bank activity, and will be eager to contribute to improvements in our overall month-end close processes. They will partner across the company to ensure financial information is recorded accurately, to the correct GL account and period. They will work closely with the accounting team to research and explain account fluctuations, and ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled correctly and timely.
The right person for the job will have prior experience preparing sales tax returns, setting up ACH/wire transactions, preparing data for use in financial reporting, and a passion to grow their accounting skill set. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team that will support Calendly’s rapid growth.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Prepares journal entries for asset, liability, and expense accounts with strong attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Matches bank transactions in the General Ledger with appropriate related activity, ensuring correct coding of transactions
- Reviews income statement and balance sheet reports and researches account level variances, providing insightful explanations for fluctuations
- Prepares data for monthly, quarterly and annual sales tax returns, property tax returns, and occupational tax returns
- Prepares wire transfers, ACH payments, and internal bank transfers, as needed and in compliance with the company’s approval matrix
- Performs month-end close activities, including but not limited to reconciling assigned accounts and ensuring completeness and accuracy of underlying account activity
- Maintains appropriate documentation for journal entries and account reconciliations, facilitating an efficient review and audit process
- Assist with preparing and filing 1099’s at year-end
- Actively participates in special projects such as audits, data analysis, account reconciliations, and process improvements
- Maintain best practices to ensure integrity over accounting operations
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive accounting experience, with prior experience with sales/property tax returns, and processing outbound bank transactions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Experience working for a SaaS company is a big plus!
- Proficiency with NetSuite (or similar ERP), Excel, and Google Sheets
- A track record for problem solving, flexibility, and urgency
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.