What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Strategy & Business Operations team?
Calendly is currently looking for an experienced Senior Strategy & Business Operations Manager who will join our team to build on the success of Calendly – which is the best way to schedule the meetings that matter most to a professional or a business.
As a Senior Strategy & Business Operations Manager, you’ll directly influence Calendly’s strategy and be a part of a highly visible team that works across all departments to enable growth and business success. We lead the analysis, evaluation, and execution of new initiatives and lead strategic projects that enable Calendly to achieve its goals. We serve as an internal ‘strategic advisory team’ that drives mission-critical priorities and outcomes.
You will be working in an environment where collegial sparring is key to how we deliver high-quality analysis and recommendations. You will also be expected to use your creativity and drive to 1) bring new ways of thinking and working to Calendly, 2) support leaders in making effective decisions, and 3) communicate complex analysis in highly effective ways.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Develop a detailed understanding of Calendly’s customers, business priorities and performance, and context (addressable market, competitive landscape, peer set, etc.) to frame strategic horizons, growth opportunities, and performance optimizations
- Partner with Leaders in Sales, Marketing, Product, Technology, and Customer Experience to explore new business opportunities and strategic initiatives aligned to Calendly’s priorities and goals
- Lead critical cross-functional initiatives and drive the outcomes for ‘strategic projects’ with key stakeholders across the company, aligning teams and leaders across the journey, and tracking progress against the expected impact and making recommendations along the way
- Act like an owner, be a self-starter and proactively keep a pulse on business performance - identify any roadblock and challenges, perform root cause analysis, propose recommendations, and own and drive resolutions or corresponding initiatives
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in modern B2B SaaS, product led growth companies specifically, as part of a strategy/business operations team or a top-tier management consulting firm working in high-tech/product environments
- Experience defining, structuring, and framing complex problems and decisions in a simple, actionable way; performing disciplined and rigorous analysis resulting in actionable business insights
- Experience leading, multiple large cross-functional strategic initiatives with diverse stakeholders and teams of all seniority levels (up to C-level)
- Experience analyzing, understanding, and translating business performance reviews into actionable insights and plans to drive outcomes
- Experience communicating in a structured, clear way - to drive alignment, make recommendations, and showcase progress against business outcomes - with diverse stakeholders of all seniority levels
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.