What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
As a Senior Android Engineer at Calendly, you'll have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. Delivering a great experience to our customer is our first priority.
You will be an integral part of our mobile team driving the growth of our native Android experience. We are looking to create a best in class experience for our Android users and are looking for someone who can drive the technical direction and implementation to meet our ambitious goals.
Our ideal candidate has experience shipping complex yet delightful Android applications at scale. Top candidates are deep technical leaders with strong communication skills who are highly self-motivated, eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship great features to our users.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Build strong mobile foundations to empower the development team and our users
- Create amazing features for millions of Calendly users
- Actively engage with quality assurance about implementation and testing strategy
- Collaborate with the support team on customer issues
- Review implementation plans and pull requests from other engineers
- Advocate strong foundations in technical architecture while maintaining high velocity
- Write thorough tests for new functionality
- Participate in stand-ups, design reviews, story-writing and retrospectives
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 4+ years as an Android Engineer developing native applications at a SaaS or technology company
- Deep proficiency with mobile application development in Kotlin
- Understanding of the MVI and/or MVVM architecture pattern
- Experience with the Activity Lifecycle and consuming APIs using frameworks (e.g. Dagger, Retrofit, Kotlin Coroutines, etc.)
- Experience with mobile testing best practices (instrumented and non-instrumented), pair programming and continuous delivery
- Drive to craft clean, reliable, testable and highly maintainable code
- Experience working with a team using Agile methodologies and Scrum
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.