What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Marketing team?
The Managing Editor will run the company blog and other content properties, owning the planning and coordination of all of the end-to-end logistics of a robust content calendar.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Content and Brand, this role will partner with product marketing, demand gen, various internal teams, freelance content creators and various agency partners to attract and convert customers through all stages of the funnel, and to further establish Calendly as a leader in scheduling and productivity.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer, editor, and project manager who enjoys amplifying the creative work of others. They're an expert in identifying topics of interest that speak directly to target audiences. They'll also have superhuman organizational skills — this individual is comfortable with project management practices, and you never drop the ball.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Own the management of a content calendar that includes various content types (articles, videos, case studies, ebooks, etc.) spanning across multiple channels (the Calendly blog, social media, email newsletters, YouTube, etc.) throughout the funnel (from awareness through expansion)
- Provide editorial guidance for internal and external contributors
- Develop processes to create the most efficient workflows
- Own the distribution, optimization, and maintenance of content, ensuring everything we share meets our high quality bar, serves our specific goals, and creates exceptional value for our audience
- Work with the Sr. Manager, Brand & Content, to plan Calendly’s editorial direction, including topics to cover, new channels to explore, keywords to target and so on
- Partner cross-functionally to execute content campaigns in support of other initiatives (e.g., product launches)
- Use software such as Asana, Contentful, Google Analytics, and other tools necessary for planning, publishing, and analyzing high-performing
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 5+ years of experience in communications, journalism, or editorial roles
- 3+ years of experience in content roles, ideally in B2B SaaS
- 1+ year of experience using content management systems, such as Contentful or other headless environments
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- A proven record of creating content that had a measurable impact
- An understanding of SEO best practices and SaaS business metrics to connect content initiatives to company goals
- The attitude that feedback is a gift -- you’re as comfortable receiving as giving feedback on content
- The ability to work autonomously and cross-functionally in a remote environment
- Energy, enthusiasm, resourcefulness, a positive, "can-do" attitude, a bias toward action, and a high tolerance for change
- The desire to proactively manage multiple, varied priorities with a sense of urgency
- A keen editorial eye that can spot errors before the rest of the world sees them
- A BA/BS degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Authorization to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.