What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with hundreds more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Calendly, you have the chance to hone your craft with some of the best and brightest engineers in the world. You should be comfortable pair programming and working autonomously. In addition to optimizing and fine-tuning existing applications, you will also improve monitoring, containerization, observability, and troubleshoot issues. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process. These include ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. We all rally around a focus on delivering a great experience to our customers as our first priority.
We build Calendly using a service-oriented architecture and an automated continuous delivery system. This lets us efficiently respond to the needs of our users. To be successful you will need to write well-tested software using multiple languages and technologies. You will be using React, Ruby on Rails, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and more.
Our ideal candidate has experience with one or more technologies used by SaaS companies. Additionally, we prefer experience with agile methodologies and web development. You will be a top candidate if you are a clear communicator who is highly self-motivated. You also need to be eager to collaborate, to exchange knowledge, and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code. We work as a remote first team.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Deliver amazing experience for millions of Calendly users
- Work with a team responsible for optimizing and fine tuning our app
- Develop testing instrumentation
- Investigate Ruby Gem dependencies, vulnerabilities
- Assess containerization best practices and
- Help others continuously improve their craft
This opportunity is for you if you have:
- 6+ years of Software Development experience at a SaaS or technology company
- A mix of front and back end development experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or other backend languages or frameworks (Nodejs, Elixir, Python, etc.)
- Infrastructure experience and understanding of DevOps principles
- Experience with containerization and kubernetes
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Experience with reliability and performance in addition to apps development
- Experience with cloud services (such as GCP, AWS, Azure etc.)
- Understanding of automation, IaC and CI tools
- Understanding of networking, CDN, and performance monitoring
- Test Automation
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.