What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Operations team?
We are looking for a IT Systems Engineer to solve complex issues through automation and integration of our growing SaaS infrastructure. You will be part of a close-knit team assisting with integrating and automating our processes through our service APIs. In addition, they will be the subject matter expert of multiple services and areas. This role conducts post-mortems and a deep-dive root cause analysis for these services. They will be responsible or part of large projects in the planning, building, deploying, and documentation phases of a project.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Build tooling and connections between IT services to improve efficiency and reduce errors
- Build tooling to automate compliance and security audit requests
- Own the maintenance, configuration, and business continuity of IT services
- Conduct post-mortems and root cause analysis for IT service outages
- Monitor services uptime and ensure business continuity
- Build automation and tools to improve managing our endpoints through tools such as JAMF, Okta, Bettercloud, Etc.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Write and maintain custom apps to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Establish and centralize system logs of IT services
- Assist with projects and task outside of the day to day responsibilities
- Will be part of on-call rotation supporting a global 24x7x365 environment
- Owns projects, overseeing a project from start to finish. Accountable for establishing project milestones and project deliverables
- Routinely contributes to IT documentation and Knowledge Base
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- You are a doer, strive for excellence, and make every effort to unblock issues
- You have a passion for automation and improving work efficiency
- You have experience integrating services such as G Suite, Slack, Okta, JAMF, and other standard IT services via their APIs
- Working knowledge of virtualization, AWS, VMWare, or equivalent
- Experience with scripting and automation tools, including but not limited to Bash, Python, and Ruby
- Comfortable using tools such as JIRA, Git, and GAM
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT services
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- A self-starter, ability to multitask, prioritize issues based on severity and work independently
- Maintains close attention to detail and follows a task to completion
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Strong understanding of networking (familiar with OSI model)
- Experience with software development lifecycle
- An ITIL foundation or higher certification
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- JAMF 300 or 400 certification
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.