What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Operations team?
Calendly is looking for a Data Scientist to join our fast-growing team. This role will report to the Manager of Data Science and ensure our company has access to analyses and models that assist with executive-level and cross-organizational business growth and product feature investment decisions.
They will work closely with our product, sales, engineering and marketing teams to implement explanatory models that help to improve the customer journey in service to growth and efficiency, i.e. explain the relationships among customers’ behavior and business performance.
The right person for the job will have experience with complex data models, quantitative methods and data science tools. They should have a hunger and passion for helping the business ask the right questions to ensure that data deliverables are aligned to success. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team that will influence Calendly’s direction and growth.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Work on high impact business metric-related data science problems such as revenue forecasting, customer behavior modeling and customer segmentation
- Develop new data structures to support analyses
- Co-create a data science architecture to support production-adjacent models
- Assist in the development of a data architecture to support data science, machine learning and analytics
- Partner with the sales, marketing, product and CX organizations to discover insights that will uncover optimization opportunities
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and relevance of data and deliverables
- Support organization-wide learning and evangelize data science
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Bachelor's of Science in a quantitative discipline, such as data science, mathematics, statistics, engineering or computer science
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Data Scientist
- Demonstrable ability to traverse the data science technology stack: data modeling, model development and visualization
- Deep experience working with time series data and related machine learning problems
- Experience deploying models to production
- Strong programming skills with querying languages: SQL, etc
- Strong skills with data science tools: Python, etc
- Experience with big data tools such as AWS, GCP & Azure
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.