What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Marketing team?
Join Calendly’s web team as our first Website Operations Manager to focus on being the operational owner of the systems, tools, processes, and data needed to run, optimize and analyze Calendly’s website. The Calendly website is responsible for signing up millions of users that turn into hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue. They will be a traffic cop and cross-functional liaison to ensure our web optimization goals are met. This includes partnering with product, engineering, and marketing to ensure we have the systems we need for web excellence.
The Website Operations Manager will report to the Sr. Mgr, Website Marketing, and work closely with our demand generation, data analytics, product marketing, and content teams. This role will also collaborate with our Engineering, Product, and Operations teams to drive Self-service and Sales-led revenue. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize a large number of tasks and meet deadlines. They will be focused, detailed oriented, data-driven, understand technical SEO and web analytics, web production and be excited to work in the world of marketing operations.
What are some of the high-impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Enable the marketing team to be agile and rapidly test, improve, optimize and scale the #1 website for automated scheduling.
- Assume operational responsibilities for the systems that run our thriving website (CMS, Analytics, Tracking data, supporting tech stack)
- Audit, establish, and own process that ensures website tagging, tracking, and analytics for Calendly’s site is done right
- Own web production tasks and partnering with the web developers, designers, and apply best practice UX on web projects
- Assist the data analysts by understanding tracking best practices and end to end tagging for key points in the marketing funnel including website calls to actions, forms, landing page, and campaign development
- Own the CMS and work with internal users to train them on usage and optimize the experience
- Own the implementation of new marketing technologies including the cross-department dependencies for tracking. Understand and communicate potential issues to the necessary teams
- Conduct audits of Calendly’s website and set KPIs in conjunction with marketing for the website
- Ability to provide data-driven recommendations and create reporting that would highlight website performance
- Collaborate with key business partners across multiple functions to ensure the website is operating smoothly, is up to date with content and has the optimal user experience
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in web operations, web analytics, site optimization, and website management
- Consider yourself an expert in content management systems and have experience with Contentful or other types of headless CMS systems
- Experience with templated web production. Defining, documenting, and optimizing templates needed to create and update web pages
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, Scrum, sprints, and have worked with a web development team and web designers
- Experience working with translation services and localization
- Ability to define a web project and assess timelines
- Own our technical stack, React app, and Gatsby
- Understanding of API calls and implementing third-party integrations that enable marketing to better serve and understand our visitors
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, support web authors in problem solving
- Understanding website tracking best practices with high volume websites
- Own technical SEO, perform regular checks and respond to technical issues
- Experience implementing and using the following tools: Segment, Mode, Heap, or similar data tools
- Experience with Optimizely and can implement A/B testing to optimize messaging and CTAs
- Understand and design the user journeys across the website for multiple personas
- Attention to detail with emphasis on quality and a critical eye for design aesthetics and brand standards
- Take a data driven approach to defining priorities for website development and optimization
- A team player with a high aptitude to learn and adopt new technology and processes
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.