What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with hundreds more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Calendly, you have the chance to hone your craft with some of the best and brightest engineers in the world. You should be comfortable pair programming and working autonomously. In addition to new feature development, you will also need to troubleshoot issues and review code from others. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process. These include ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. We all rally around a focus on delivering a great experience to our customers as our first priority.
We build Calendly using a service-oriented architecture and an automated continuous delivery system. This lets us efficiently respond to the needs of our users. To be successful you will need to write well tested software using multiple languages and technologies. You will be using React, Ruby on Rails, and more.
In this role, you'll balance new feature product work with monitoring and improving stability and performance of the tools and platforms that support those features. You'll also work with third party services to ensure compliance and maximal deliverability of our SMS and email messages. You will work with a highly collaborative and engaged team on one of Calendly’s fastest growing new features! We work as a remote first team.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Build amazing features for millions of Calendly users
- Lead other developers to complete projects that impact our business
- Solve interesting challenges for code reuse and component libraries
- Investigate new technologies that can impact current and future products
- Help others continuously improve their craft
- Develop strategies for monitoring and alerting on the features the team delivers
This opportunity is for you if you have:
- A passion for teamwork, collaboration and mentoring
- Experience planning and leading development efforts on large projects
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or other backend languages or frameworks (Nodejs, Elixir, Python, etc.)
- Experience implementing monitoring and alerting on various types of systems (DataDog, NewRelic, SolarWinds, etc)
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Bonus if you have:
- A strong product focus
- Experience working on a remote team
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.