Solutions Engineer Manager
What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly as our first Senior Solution Engineering Manager?
The nature of work is changing and we’re at the center of it all. Since 2013, Calendly has been on a mission to take the work out of connecting so that our customers can accomplish more.
We’re obsessed with providing an elegant, delightful experience for our customers across industries like sales, recruiting, customer success and education. This shapes how we develop, design, market, sell, support and work as a team.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking to bring in an inspiring people leader and manager who has experience running a Sales Engineering team for fast-growing SaaS companies. We are a profitable, remote-first company with millions of users. The technical needs of our business customers are growing more and more complex as companies adopt our platform. This means our customers have more advanced needs and we want to provide expert service in our pre-sales environment.
This is an opportunity to utilize your team building and technical skill to educate our customers and provide solutions to their identified problems. You’ll build a team of professionals that love to share their knowledge about our platform and provide solutions to customer problems.
As part of the Calendly sales team you will direct and manage pre-sales resources throughout the sales cycle. You’ll provide technical/functional leadership to the sales team in the development and implementation of customer applications and customer products. You’ll participate in account planning and strategy development. As a founding leader in our team, you’ll publish technical information. You’ll also work directly with our product leadership to shape the future of our platform using your unique visibility into the voice of our customers.
You’ll be responsible for driving the strategy of our SE efforts, building the team and creating the processes to support an ever-growing organization.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Create and sustain an environment where your team is inspired, informed, educated, enabled, recognized and rewarded with the goal of consistent and repeatable success.
- Be a partner to the business (sales, operations, engineering, product) and ensure your team is working on the right things, at the right time and in the right manner
- As our first Sales Engineering Manager, you’ll be defining how we interact with our mid market and enterprise customers and share reference architectures and documentation to help them understand the possibilities of using our platform
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 8+ years of relevant pre-sales solution or sales-engineering experience
- 5+ years in a people management capacity of SE teams within mid market or enterprise sales orgs
- Demonstrated ability to discuss technology platforms and create materials to support an enterprise software sale
- Expertise in translating unique and varied customer needs into requirements and meeting those requirements with a complex software solution
- Polished presentation skills and executive presence
- Experience with complex sales engagements and strong sales acumen
- Proven ability to build teams that are customer-centric, yet technically minded
- Proven experience building diverse teams, highly inclusive leadership style, managing people, performance, and sales processes
- Proven leadership, drive for results and “can do” attitude and a mindset towards continuous process improvement and innovation
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.