What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Sales team?
The Sr. Deal Desk Manager will have the opportunity to shape and execute our deal management processes.The ideal candidate will be ranging from deal support, quote preparation, contract review, approval management, and deal processing, build guidelines for deal enablement initiatives to further our GTM and deal execution velocity. In addition, they will partner with other parts of the business to support Calendly in Enterprise readiness, continually improving our process, and ensure a scalable and sustainable support model for our expanding global sales team.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Successfully manage the global deal management process, ensuring sales satisfaction levels above baseline
- Work with other teams at Calendly to ensure up-to-date understanding and capabilities of billing, product, and security complexities
- Deliver on SLA for internal contract execution in support of our sales organization
- Create a Deal Desk roadmap, including process improvements and implementation of automation solutions to build a scalable function
- Aid in other teams’ roadmap discovery and creation by communicating complex deal requirements for future contractual commitments
- Understand the intricacies of enterprise deal requirements to deliver actionable and insightful reporting that can be used to aid in enterprise readiness growth
- Work with sales enablement to build out training / wiki for new features related to enterprise readiness as they are released
- Partner with the business to ensure sales is selling the right product that can be delivered satisfactorily
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Serve as a trusted adviser to sales executives and their teams on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support the sales effort
- Become the primary point-of-contact for the global sales team on all deal-related matters while maintaining a strong level of service
- Review and ensure that deals are correctly tracked within the system of record (Salesforce.com), including all necessary approvals
- Create and guide sales teams on the process, policies, and strategy throughout their customer engagement to optimize outcomes for both customers and Calendly related to enterprise deal execution and delivery
- Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies, through Salesforce tracking
- Work with sales leadership to create a system of accountability for adhering to process and policy
- Be a sales advocate & partner with internal organizations to understand complex sales issues
- Manage customer entitlement tracking with regard to informing other business units of contractual requirements and responsibilities
- Own and help improve the global deal management process, working closely with key stakeholders within our Sales, Finance, Legal, Security, and IT teams
- Manage a growing team of 2-4 Order Processing Specialists in 2H to deliver world-class support to our sales and services teams
- 2+ years of management experience
- 6+ years of related experience (customer order management or sales support experience in the technology industry)
- Contract structuring experience, Law school experience preferred
- Process improvement and/or project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately debate complex issues, ability to think quickly
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, and extreme attention to detail
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.