What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide — with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
As a Full Stack Engineer at Calendly, you have the chance to hone your craft with the best and brightest engineers in the world. You should be equally comfortable pair programming and working autonomously, in addition to troubleshooting independently and receiving direct feedback during a code review. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. We all rally around a focus on delivering a great experience to our customers as our first priority.
Calendly is built using a service-oriented architecture and an automated continuous delivery system in order to efficiently deliver our product solutions. The successful individual can write well tested software and grow into a full stack specialist that is comfortable working in multiple technologies, such as Ruby on Rails, RSpec, React, Postgres, Redis, Heroku, and more.
Our ideal candidate has experience with one or more technologies used by SaaS companies. Additionally, we prefer experience with agile methodologies and web development. You will be a top candidate if you are a clear communicator who is highly self-motivated. You also need to be eager to collaborate, to exchange knowledge, and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code. We work as a remote first team.
When you join Calendly, you get the opportunity to deliver on a product used by millions, known for its best-in-class quality. Help us continue to deliver critical features to our users with excellence.
We know we wouldn’t be where we are — or make it to where we’re going — without our people. And when it comes to walking the talk, we think actions speak louder than words. Our people are shown appreciation through a formal rewards and recognition program, a competitive benefits package, and countless quality-of-life perks such as our home office stipend and an annual vacation stipend. If you’re seeking an opportunity to make your mark and be part of a groundbreaking team, then this is the job for you.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Build amazing features for millions of Calendly users
- Actively engage with design, product, and QA regarding implementation and testing strategy
- Collaborate with the support team on customer issues
- Write implementation plans based on business requirements
- Strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of software delivery
- Participate in stand-ups, design reviews, story-writing and retrospectives
- Generate unit, API tests, and functional/GUI tests to validate your implementation
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 3+ years of Software Development experience at a SaaS or technology company
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is preferred, however other languages such as Python, Go, and PHP are accepted
- Experience with test driven development and pair programming
- Strive to craft clean, reliable and highly maintainable code
- Experience working with a team using Agile methodologies and Scrum
- Experience with source control systems (prefer Github)
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.