What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Quality Assurance Engineering team?
Calendly is looking for a QA Engineer to join our rapidly growing quality team. At Calendly, we strive to think it, build it, ship it — delivering great features to our customers as fast as possible while ensuring the highest quality user experience. As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for testing new features and functionality within the Calendly platform. You will report to the Senior QA Manager and will work closely with Development Engineers and Product Managers in an Agile environment. This includes helping define user stories and acceptance criteria as well as testing new feature functionality.
Our ideal candidates are analytical with a keen eye for detail and obsession over quality. Top candidates will have experience testing consumer SaaS applications in an Agile environment using continuous integration, deployment, testing, and delivery strategies. This role will be responsible for logging and monitoring errors, and testing performance and load-time. You’ll have the opportunity to design automation solutions for large scale projects including unit tests, API tests, and functional/GUI tests.
When you join Calendly, you get the opportunity to deliver on a product used by millions, known for its best-in-class quality. Help us continue to deliver critical features to our users with excellence!
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Analyze product requirements and architect test plans
- Contribute in team sprint planning meetings
- Write, validate and execute test cases
- Track defects and provide quality metrics
- Contribute to our suite of automated browser-based regression tests, growing it over time at the same rate new features are released
- Take ownership of issues found in production that made it through QA
- Promote to the entire organization how important it is to ship high-quality / low-defect code
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 4 + years of experience as a web application tester using cross browser testing strategies
- Experience testing a SaaS product with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle
- Strength in one or more automation testing tools (e.g. Cypress, Selenium, WebDriver, JMeter, SoapUI, Watir)
- Knowledge of best practices and standards for web applications
- Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans and test cases
- Experience with GitHub or other source control systems
- Experience in a DevOps environment, with a good understanding of CI/CD using tools like Jenkins, Buildkit (or other similar tools)
- Experience validating API services using tools such as Postman
- Comfortable testing without a UI (command line; system activity logs; database validation)
- Clear understanding of the differences between unit, functional, integration, and system tests
- Some mobile testing experience (preferred)
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum)
- Impeccable time management skills and an ability to self-direct
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.