What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Finance team?
The Financial Controller will have a unique opportunity to work directly for the CFO to ensure the timely and accurate financial reporting for the business. This includes overseeing all aspects of accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, commissions, tax and audit processes for the company. This role is visible and influential as the Controller partners with leaders across the organization to ensure we grow efficiently at scale in keeping with our stated policies and procedures. By being a key source of truth about the performance of this business, this role will be a key advisor to both the CFO and key business leaders.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Ensure the delivery of timely and accurate financial statements
- Maintain and enforce accounting policies and procedures and identify any areas of potential risk
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors and tax preparers, including sales tax, annual financial audits and year end tax preparation and reporting
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process in partnership with the FP&A organization
- Oversee the expense forecasting process in partnership with budget owners and provide known inputs to FP&A for revenue forecasting
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Partnering with the Product and Customer Experience teams on billing processes, billing infrastructure, and new feature development
- Implement new technologies and vendors related to the accounting function
- Overseeing required reporting for investors and in accordance with business operating procedures
- Manage equity (including issuance and reporting) in partnership with People Operations
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff to scale in accordance with business need
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility managing the full Accounting process
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation
- Financial modeling capabilities in Excel, Google Sheets and/or other modeling tools; advanced Excel abilities
- Able to meet tight deadlines leveraging project management skills
- A keen attention to detail
- An ability to understand, convey, and advocate for the accounting impacts of proposed product features and business processes
- Knowledge of ASC 606 revenue recognition
- Excellent computer skills
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.