What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with hundreds more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Calendly, you have the chance to hone your craft with some of the best and brightest engineers in the world. You should be comfortable working on the full stack, however we are looking for someone with a front end focus for this position. In addition to new feature development, you will also need to troubleshoot issues and review code from others. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process. These include ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. We all rally around a focus on delivering a great experience to our customers as our first priority.
We build Calendly using a service-oriented architecture and an automated continuous delivery system. This lets us efficiently respond to the needs of our users. To be successful you will need to write well tested software using multiple languages and technologies. You will be using React, Ruby on Rails, and more.
Our ideal candidate has experience with one or more technologies used by SaaS companies. Additionally, we prefer experience with agile methodologies and web development. You will be a top candidate if you are a clear communicator who is highly self-motivated. You also need to be eager to collaborate, to exchange knowledge, and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code. We work as a remote first team.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Build amazing features for millions of Calendly users
- Work on a team devoted to R&D for new products and features
- Solve interesting challenges for code reuse and component libraries
- Develop new browser extensions and features
- Investigate new technologies that can impact current and future products
- Act as the lead in high impact projects
- Mentor other engineers in their ability to improve in their career
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Experience planning and leading development efforts on large projects
- Deep proficiency with web application development and SaaS
- Strong, current focus on front end development
- Thrive in exploring new problems and researching solutions
- Ability to work closely with the Product team
- Experience with implementing backend APIs
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Bonus if you have experience with:
- React/Redux/Typescript stack
- Developing browser extensions
- Working with Component Libraries, code reuse, and Storybook
- Working with remote teams
- Experience developing Progressive Web Apps (PWAs)
- Test Automation
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.