What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Operations team?
Calendly is looking for an In-House Counsel to join our fast growing team. This role will report to the Associate General Counsel and work alongside key business leaders on all Legal needs.
Our ideal candidate will possess a great blend of legal expertise with operational knowledge that enables the business to properly assess, prioritize and act upon legal recommendations. They will have a willingness to be involved in legal needs that span: contract review, data privacy, employment law and capital opportunities and have the ability to parlay recommendations into reasonable actions the business can take. Experience supporting a SaaS organization and understanding the unique legal considerations they encounter is a must. This individual will be greatly instrumental in helping ensure our path to growth maintains the highest level of legal scrutiny and compliance at the greatest ethical standard.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Participates in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
- Administers all legal documents and requirements for the business according to continually changing legislation to include: GDPR and CCPA.
- Serves as a key lawyer/legal advisor on major business transactions.
- Manages potential and any active litigation, including participating in fact development, assisting with discovery issues, managing outside counsel, and developing litigation strategies.
- Ensures that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintaining and updating form agreements, contract management systems, and other legal databases.
- Facilitating the timely closure of business transactions while minimizing risk exposure.
- Advises on legal aspects of the company’s financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- JD and bar membership in good standing
- At least 3 years relevant experience: in-house experience in a fast-growing technology company or in the software/SaaS space is preferred.
- Experience with Data Privacy law and practices
- Ability to embed into the business across: systems, tools, processes to ensure adequate understanding for legal considerations
- Experience drafting, reviewing, revising and negotiating enterprise SaaS agreements, related support and services agreements, and data protection agreements
- Maintaining a scalable, business-minded approach to revenue-generating contracts
- Ability to assist in the development of and implementation of processes for efficient and streamlined legal operations
- Team player focused on achieving and/or helping others achieve corporate objectives
- Ability to lead cross-functional groups and operate in a fast-paced, flexible culture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work independently
- Practical, proactive, business-savvy and results-oriented
- Highest ethical standards
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.