What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Product Research team?
The Product Insights Researcher will have a unique opportunity to join a quickly growing Product Research team to help us become a customer-obsessed product organization with a research-informed strategy that is measured and validated throughout the development lifecycle. Product Research empowers Calendly product teams to impact, understand, and empathize with our customers’ most critical needs through meaningful and actionable product insights that drive product strategy and innovation.
We do this by conducting research and analysis on our rapidly growing and diversifying user base to build customer empathy and create a shared understanding of our customer throughout the organization. We develop a deep understanding of the Scheduling market, competitors, and customers’ needs through various methodologies including interviews, surveys, and analytics into our product strategy and development process. If you’re seeking an opportunity to tackle big problems with a diverse set of research methods and strongly influence product strategy, then this is the job for you.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Work with cross-functional teams of product managers, designers, developers and others across the company to identify and prioritize research efforts
- Ensure data and insights are timely, trustworthy, and actionable to drive decisions across Calendly
- Partner with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and other cross-functional teammates to provide research that supports the objectives of the product and needs of Calendly customers; align research activities to inform decision-making and action
- Represent the voice of the Calendly customer among cross-functional partners and stakeholders by highlighting the user, their needs, and behaviors and synthesize findings across multiple channels of customer feedback
- Apply both quantitative and qualitative research methods to uncover insights (including, but not limited to data analysis, surveys, statistical analysis, in-depth interviews, contextual interviews, moderated and unmoderated usability studies, heuristic evaluations, concept testing, and competitive analysis)
- Effectively communicate findings and recommendations to product teams and stakeholders that surface recommendations and implications
- Partner with Analytics to synthesize large behavioral data sets to create a complete picture of the Calendly customer, their behaviors, and needs
- Perform and maintain baselines of key Product Experiences to identify opportunities for optimization and measure improvement over time, both qualitatively and quantitatively
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- At least 5+ years of experience in a customer research, market insights, or Voice of Customer experience; Experience at a SaaS company is preferred
- Proficiency in survey design, data analysis (qualitative and quantitative), discussion guide writing, and interview moderating
- Experience working with large scale data in mixed method research
- Experience working with GetFeedback, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, or other similar survey tools
- Experience working with Qualitative feedback at scale leverage NLP, AI, or other tooling to scale this
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to tailor the message to various audiences (product teams, product managers, fellow researchers, leadership, etc.)
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- The ability to translate research findings into actions and recommendations, while considering company and product goals
- A track record of helping cross-functional product teams identify and prioritize research opportunities that will deliver high-quality, data-driven insights in a timely manner using the appropriate methodologies
- An educational background appropriate for a Product Insights Strategist (e.g., a degree in economics, business, psychology, market intelligence, and/or human computer interaction)
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a rapidly growing and changing organization
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.