What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
Calendly is looking for a QA Engineer to join our rapidly growing quality team. At Calendly, we strive to think it, build it, ship it—delivering great features to our customers as fast as possible while ensuring the highest quality user experience. As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for testing new features and functionality within the Calendly platform. You will report to the QA Manager and will work closely with Development Engineers and Product Managers in an Agile environment. This includes helping define user stories and acceptance criteria as well as testing new feature functionality.
Our ideal candidates are analytical with a keen eye for detail and obsession over quality. Top candidates will have experience testing consumer SaaS applications in an Agile environment using continuous integration, deployment, testing, and delivery strategies.
When you join Calendly, you get the opportunity to deliver on a product used by millions, known for its best-in-class quality. Help us continue to deliver critical features to our users with excellence.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you'll tackle?
- Define and validate acceptance criteria
- Facilitate manual and exploratory testing
- Contribute in team sprint planning meetings
- Write, validate and execute test cases
- Track defects and provide quality metrics
- Take ownership of issues found in production that made it through QA
- Promote to the entire organization how important it is to ship high-quality / low-defect code
- Educate teammates on features your assigned squad is developing
- Investigate customer support escalations
- Advocate for the bugs/product changes that will help overall customer experience
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 2 + years of experience as a web application tester using cross browser testing strategies
- Experience testing a SAAS product with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle
- Knowledge of best practices and standards for web applications
- Experience manually testing mobile applications
- Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans and test cases
- Can effectively communicate defect details and reproduction steps
- Experience with GitHub or other source control systems
- Experience in a DevOps environment, with a good understanding of CI/CD using tools like Jenkins, Buildkit (or other similar tools)
- Experience validating API services using tools such as Postman
- Clear understanding of the differences between unit, functional, integration, and system tests
- An interest learning to deliver test automation alongside the development team
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a love for technical challenges, and a willingness to learn
- Impeccable time management skills and an ability to self-direct
- Four-year university/college degree required
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Bonus If You Have Experience With:
- Experience with any development language
- Hands-on experience writing or editing automation scripts
- Experience testing API’s
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.