What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
At Calendly, the Site Reliability Engineer is tasked with designing, building, maintaining, and operating our next-generation infrastructure platform. With a growing team and a mindset for scalability, SREs build their own tools, deploy open-source solutions, and consume cloud services as needed to extend the platform.
The SRE also uses their expertise of the infrastructure to empower application engineering teams. This includes enabling and evangelizing monitoring best practices, and advising on optimal infrastructure use. An ideal candidate demonstrates exceptional skills in communicating patterns and improvements that automate tasks, support stability, and improve performance.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Build tools and applications to extends Calendly’s infrastructure platform
- Evaluate and deploy cloud native open source tools
- Exercise expertise in cloud infrastructure concepts and patterns
- Institute resilient infrastructure through source code based configuration (Infrastructure as code)
- Maintain and improve observability of our infrastructure platform, and offers patterns for application teams to consume for application observability
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support the infrastructure platform
- Foster a collaborative environment of learning and knowledge dissemination
- Define standard practices and tooling around new services, changes, incidents, postmortems, and capacity management, and work with application engineering teams to adopt those practices
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Experience designing, building, and running highly-available production infrastructure
- Software development experience (particularly Go or Python), especially writing software to manage infrastructure
- Experience running Kubernetes in production environments (preferably at scale)
- Strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure (especially GCP or AWS), distributed systems, and reliability practices
- A strong understand of the Linux operating system
- Experience working with Relational Databases (especially Postgres)
- Understanding of software-development lifecycle, CI/CD pipelines, and application delivery
- Familiarity with software and infrastructure monitoring tools (especially Datadog)
- Understanding of security and the shared responsibility model
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.