What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with hundreds more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Calendly, you’ll have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. Delivering a great experience to our customer is our first priority.
While we use technologies with proven track records, we love to explore and adopt the best technology to enhance our product. Calendly is built using a service-oriented architecture and continuous integration in order to quickly deliver our product. Our current technology includes: Ruby on Rails, RSpec, Backbone JS, Marionette JS, Capybara, SASS, Coffeescript, Postgres, Redis, Resque, and Heroku.
Our ideal candidate has experience not only with our tech stack in a successful SaaS company, but also with agile methodologies and web development. Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Build amazing features for millions of Calendly users
- Actively engage with quality assurance about implementation and testing strategy
- Collaborate with the support team on customer issues
- Review implementation plans and pull requests from other engineers
- Advocate strong foundations in technical architecture while maintaining high velocity
- Write thorough tests for new functionality
- Participate in stand-ups, design reviews, story-writing and retrospectives
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 5+ years of Software Development experience at a SaaS or technology company
- Deep proficiency with web application development
- Experience with test driven development and pair programming
- Drive to craft clean, reliable and highly maintainable code
- Experience working with a team using Agile methodologies and Scrum
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Ruby on Rails
- Heroku Hosting Platform
- Working with build systems (Buildkite, Jenkins, TravisCI, etc.)
- Working with remote teams
- Knowledge of Rspec
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.